Vegetable and Three Cheese stuffed Shells
- 16 jumbo shells (from a 12 oz box)
- 2 C marinara sauce
- 1 10oz package frozen leaf spinach, thawed
- 1/2-16 oz package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1-15 oz container part-skim ricotta
- 2 oz parmesan, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 oz part-skim mozzarella, grated (about 1 cup)
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 75mins
Heat oven to 400*. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
Spread the sauce onto the bottom of a large broiler-proof baking dish.
Squeeze the spinach of excess moisture, roughly chop and place in a large bowl. Chop the broccoli and add it to the bowl. Stir in the ricotta, parmesan, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella, and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the shells (about 1/4 cup each) and place on top of the sauce.
Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and bake until shells are heated through, 10-12 minutes. Increase heat to broil. Broil the shells until the cheese begins to brown, 2-3 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Toss with the lettuce, cucumber and onion. Serve with the shells.