roasted potato, tomato and green bean salad
- FOR THE SALAD
- o 5 garlic cloves
- o 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- o 1 1/2 pounds Russian banana fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- o 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- o 4 stems fresh thyme
- o Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- o 3 ounces green beans
- o 2 cups baby arugula
- FOR THE DRESSING
- o 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- o 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- o 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- o 1/2 shallot, minced
- o 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Make the salad: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Puree garlic and oil in a blender until smooth. Toss with potatoes, tomatoes, and thyme on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until potatoes are golden and tender, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Prepare an ice-water bath. Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green and just tender. Transfer to ice-water bath. When cool, drain beans in a colander.
Make the dressing: Combine vinegar, mustard, thyme, and shallot in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
Toss potato mixture, beans, and arugula with dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or at room temperature.