Turkey Chili (EZ as 1-2-3-Alarm Turkey Chili (Slow Cooker))
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 3 - 4 hours (high) or 7 - 8 hours (low)
176 calories, 3g fat, 765mg sodium, 23g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 6g sugars, 13g protein -- PointsPlus® value 4*
- One 29-oz. can tomato sauce
- One 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- One 15-oz. can chili beans (pinto beans in chili sauce), not drained
- One 15-oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sliced or chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
- 2 bell peppers (different colors), chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 - 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped, sauce reserved
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 lb. raw lean ground turkey
- Optional: salt
Combine all ingredients except turkey and salt in a large bowl. Add 2 tsp. adobo sauce from the canned chipotle peppers. Mix to combine and coat all of the beans and veggies with sauce.
Put turkey in the bottom of a crock pot and break it up into small chunks. Top with the mixture from the large bowl, and mix well.
Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours.
Stir to distribute turkey. If you like, add salt to taste. Mmmmm!!!