This tart, pink cocktail is a burst of summer in a glass. You don't strain the watermelon puree, which gives the drink some texture, and we love that piccantedolce calls for gin instead of a more predictable spirit like vodka. The mineral quality of the gin is echoed in the rosemary infused syrup, which announces its presence clearly without hijacking the whole flavor profile.
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 sprigs rosemary 1 cup lemon juice - fresh squeezed 7 cups watermelon - cut into a 1" dice - approx half a medium watermelon 8 ounces gin
- 1 lemon - thinly sliced
1.Place sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan, add rosemary sprigs. Cook over medium heat stirring until the sugar dissolves. Once dissolved remove from heat, cover saucepan and let sit for at least an hour to infuse. Ask a question about this step.
2.In a blender combine the lemon juice with cubed watermelon. Add the watermelon in batches, blending in between each addition. Ask a question about this step.
3.Add in the rosemary simple syrup 1/4 cup at a time until the mixture is at your desired sweetness. I use about a cup. Ask a question about this step.
4.Pour the mixture into a large pitcher and add 1 cup of cold water, the gin and fill with the watermelon mixture. Stir to combine. Serve in jars garnished with a lemon slice and half of a rosemary sprig.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)