Beverly's Dill Bread
- 1 1/2 cups creamed cottage cheese
- 1 T butter
- 1 T dill seed
- 2 T minced green onion
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 2 t salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 c warm water
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup oat bran
1. warm cottage cheese and butter slightly, then add dill seed, onion, sugar, baking soda, salt, and eggs and beat till blended.
2. combine water and yeast and stir. let stand till dissolved. stir into cottage cheese mixture. stir in as much flour as possible and knead in the rest, continue kneading until dough becomes smooth.
3. place bowl in greased bowl. turn to grease top. cover and let stand until doubled in bulk. punch down. shape into 2 loaves and place in greased 8 by 4 inch loaf pans.
4. cover and let rise till dough reaches top of pans.
5. bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 35-45 minutes or till browned and loaves sound hollow when tapped on bottom.
6. remove from pans and cool on racks.