Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Shooters
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) thawed frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 3 tbsp (40 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
- 1 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips (10 oz/300 g)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) unflavoured gelatin
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
- coarsely crumbled chocolate wafers
1.In a blender or food processor, purée raspberries, sugar and lemon juice, then pour mixture through a fine sieve into a liquid measuring cup; refrigerate.
2.Using a medium bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave on medium power, stirring frequently.
3.In a small saucepan, stir gelatin into milk and let stand 1 minute. Heat milk to just below a simmer, then whisk it into warm chocolate until thoroughly blended. Let cool to room temperature.
4.Whip cream to soft peaks; gradually fold in chocolate mixture. Pour mixture into a piping bag.* In a 1¾ oz shot glass**, fill 1/3rd with chocolate mousse and 1/3rd with raspberry purée. Top with another layer of chocolate mousse. Garnish with crumbled chocolate wafers. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Makes 14 servings.
* Or into a large re-sealable plastic bag and cut the bottom corner to create a tip.
** Shot glass should be wide enough to insert a teaspoon.