- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 2 cups (generous) thinly sliced leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Pinch of ground allspice
- Coarse kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups hard apple cider or 1 1/4 cups apple cider and 1/4 cup bourbon
- 6 grilled hot dog buns or brioche-style oblong rolls
- Dijon mustard
- 6 grilled all-beef hot dogs
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated (1/2 cup packed)
Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and apple. Cover; cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Mix in caraway and allspice; season with coarse salt and pepper. Add hard cider; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, until most of liquid is cooked away, about 16 minutes.
Arrange buns or rolls on plates. Spread each with mustard, then top with grilled hot dogs. Sprinkle dogs with cheese and top with leek mixture.