Pasta w Roasted Vegs and Basil
- 4 summer squash (about 2 pounds), halved lengthwise if large, sliced crosswise 1 inch thick
- 2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 red onions, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces short pasta shape, such as campanelle or fusilli
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 cup firmly packed torn fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Divide squash, tomatoes, onions, and garlic between two large rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat and then spread evenly. Roast (without tossing) until tender and starting to brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil; add a generous amount of salt. Cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Drain, and return to pot.
Add roasted vegetables, butter, parmesan, and basil to pot; season with salt and pepper, and toss gently with pasta to combine. Reheat over medium-low if necessary before serving.