- 3 C. fresh stawberries, hulled and quartered
- 3 medium fresh kiwi, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 1.75 oz. package powered fruit pectin
- 1 T. finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 T. butter
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 t. finely shredded orange peel
- Dash of salt
- 5 C. of sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
In a medium bowl slightly mash strawberries. In a large pan combine strawberries, kiwi, pectin, ginger, butter, lemon juice, orange peel and salt. Heat on medium high, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full rolling boil.
Add sugar. Return to boiling, boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; skim off foam.
Ladle jam into hot, sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims of jars, adjust lids. Process in a boiling water canner for 5 minutes. Start timing when water returns to boil. Remove jars, cool on racks.
You'll also love
- Roasted Eggplants in Balsamic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Susan's Cucumber Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- bourbon poached peaches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kefir Banana Bread Recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blackberry Cabernet Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Picadilly Strawberry Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kiwi - Pear - Apple Jam 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kiwi-Cream Cheese Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)