- 3 C. fresh stawberries, hulled and quartered
- 3 medium fresh kiwi, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 1.75 oz. package powered fruit pectin
- 1 T. finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 T. butter
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 t. finely shredded orange peel
- Dash of salt
- 5 C. of sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
In a medium bowl slightly mash strawberries. In a large pan combine strawberries, kiwi, pectin, ginger, butter, lemon juice, orange peel and salt. Heat on medium high, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full rolling boil.
Add sugar. Return to boiling, boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; skim off foam.
Ladle jam into hot, sterilized half-pint canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims of jars, adjust lids. Process in a boiling water canner for 5 minutes. Start timing when water returns to boil. Remove jars, cool on racks.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)