King Ranch Chicken
- 4 chicken breast with skin and bones
- 2 cans cream mushroom soup
- 2 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can rotel diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of "hot" pace picante sauce, optional
- 3 cups jack/colby cheese
- 12 corn tortillas & small bag tortilla chips
Boil chicken until tender (about 45 minutes), cool.
In large bowl, mix soup, onion, rotel, picante sauce. Stir well. Dip tortillas in hot water that chicken was cooked in, one at a time. Line oblong baking dish with tortillas all the way around with half hanging over the edge.
Shred chicken and spread half on bottom of dish. Spoon soup mixture on top. Top with crushed tortilla chips & cheese. Layer again with chicken, soup mixture, crushed chips and cheese.
Banke 45 min on 375