Enchiladas w/ Pumpkin Sauce
- For the sauce:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 2 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For the enchiladas:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, cooked and squeezed of excess water
- 3 cups shredded cheese (to make the recipe vegan, try Daiya)
- 6 scallions, chopped, white parts only
- 1 jalapeno, minced (if you like less spice, remove seeds)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 16 Corn tortillas
Preheat oven to 400 F.
In a blender, combine pumpkin, water, garlic, jalapeno, chili powder, salt and pepper, and puree until smooth.
Pour about 3/4 cup of pumpkin sauce in a 9 x 13 baking dish. In a large bowl, mix beans, corn, spinach, 2 cups cheese, scallions, jalapenos, chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt. Place tortillas between two damp paper towels and microwave for 45 seconds. Put a mound of bean mixture on each tortilla, roll up, and place seam side down in the baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and top with remaining one cup of cheese. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and melted, about 20 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve.