Italian Cream Cheese Cake with Raspberry Sauce
- Cream Cheese Cake:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup biscotti bread crumbs, crushed
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Raspberry Sauce:
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brandy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 100mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
For the Cream Cheese Cake:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Wrap a 9-inch springform pan with aluminum foil. In a medium bowl, mix both cookie crumbs and the melted butter together. Press crumb mixture in bottom of pan and refrigerate until firm.
In a large bowl, beat ricotta and cream cheese together with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Add the eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract, mix well.
Allow to sit for a few minutes so the bubbles can surface. Mix again until smooth. Pour the filling into the springform pan. Tap pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles in cake mixture.
Place pan into a large roasting pan and fill with 1-inch of water. Place in the oven and bake until filling is set and the top is golden brown, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Remove and let cool. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight before serving.
For the raspberry sauce:
In a food processor, combine berries, sugar and brandy. Place into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
When ready to serve, remove the side of the springform pan and place cake on a serving plate. Spoon the raspberry sauce on the top of the cheesecake and serve.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)