Mushroom Crusted Prime Rib Roast
(You will find thing's you do not find here, there) Follow or friend me on Facebook for even more recipe's,etc: https://www.facebook.com/carilynn71 ♥Delish Dish♥ at Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/Creates/ ♥Delish Dish♥ at Tumblr http://delishdishs.tumblr.com/
- FOR THE PRIME RIB:
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 (4 pound) prime rib roast with bone and cap
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms, chopped into small bits
- FOR THE AU JUS:
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE PRIME RIB:
Mix the mustard, miso, oil, thyme, garlic and pepper and rub it all over the prime rib before pressing the dried mushrooms onto the roast.
Place the beef in an oven safe roasting dish with the bones on the bottom and the fat cap on the top, stick a meat thermometer into the middle of the thickest part, roast in a preheated 450F oven for 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 275F and continue roasting until the temperature reaches the desired doneness (135F for medium rare, about 2 hours). Note: The temperature of the roast will continue to rise a few degrees while resting.
Remove the roast from the oven and set aside to rest, covered for 20 minutes before slicing.
FOR THE AU JUS:
Meanwhile, drain all but 2 tablespoons of the dripping from the pan, place the pan over medium heat, add the red wine, deglaze the pan, add the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and simmer for 5 minutes before seasoning with season with salt and pepper to taste.
Option: Replace the miso with another tablespoon of mustard and 1 teaspoon of salt.
Option: Replace the porcini mushrooms with another mushroom such as shiitake mushrooms.
Note: This recipe is for a small, 1 rib (~4 pound) prime rib, but it easily scales up for larger roasts.
You'll also love
- Mocktail Mangorita 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Blue Cheese Stuffed... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Cider-Brined Pork Roast with... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken-Fried Hamburgers 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker BBQ Beef Tips 4/5 (75 Votes)
- Mushroom Chicken Piccata Recipe 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Prime Rib Roast 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Prime Rib for Two 4.5/5 (14 Votes)