Butterscotch Marshmallow Bites
- 32 Round or square pretzels
- 1 10oz bag butterscotch chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 16 large marshmallows cut in half
- 18 oz chocolate candy coating
- 3 tablespoons shortening
Adapted from recipechart.com
1. Place a large baking rack over wax paper.
2. Arrange pretzels over baking rack.
3. In a microwave safe bowl combine butterscotch chips and shortening. Melt in 30-second intervals stirring constantly.
4. Dip each marshmallow half in melted butterscotch. Using two forks, gently place marshmallows onto pretzels.
5. In another microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate candy coating and remaining 3 tablespoons of shortening. Stir every 30 seconds until melted. Pour about a tablespoon of chocolate over each marshmallow allowing chocolate to drip down sides. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Allow marshmallows to set for about 30 minutes.
6. Store in an airtight container.