Stromboli - HotDog
- HOT DOG STROMBOLI
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 6 hot dogs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
• Grease a large baking sheet and set aside
• Grill or butterfly and fry hot dogs.
• Cut into 1 inch pieces
• On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a large rectangle, about 10 by 14 inches
• Layer the hot dog pieces and mozzarella cheese over the dough, leaving a 1 inch border.
• Using a pastry brush, paint the border long edge with olive oil.
• Starting at the opposite long end without oil roll up the dough into a cylinder, pinching the edges to seal.
• Let the dough rise, 20 to 30 minutes.
• Brush the top of the stromboli with oil.
• Bake until nearly completely golden brown and starting to crisp, about 20 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes. Slice thickly and serve with mustard of choice.