Gluten Free Funnel Cake
After going gluten free, going to the fairs just didn’t seem quite the same because we could no longer order funnel cakes. I decided it was time for us to enjoy these delicious treats once again. I was pleasantly surprised when it worked! Munchkin and her friends quickly gobbled up not one, but two of the funnel cakes.
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup milk (can use almond milk if dairy/casein free)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Adapted from marinecorpsnomads.com
1. Heat up oil for frying to 375 degrees F
2. In a medium size bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, egg, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Place batter in a squeeze bottle; slowly squeeze batter into hot oil. (Try going in a spiral pattern and then criss-cross over the spiral. It may not work, but it’s what I try to do.)
4. Cook for 1 minute (or until golden brown), flip, repeat on other side
5. Remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain.
6. While still hot, dust with powdered sugar or cinnamon-sugar mixture