87 calories, 0g fat, 1g protein
- 2 pounds firm apples such as Honeycrisp (about 4), peeled, cored, roughly chopped $
- 3/4 cup orange juice $
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from allyou.com
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat, stirring often.
2. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender, about 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and mash with a potato masher.