Curried Corn with Green Chiles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
- 8 ears of fresh sweet corn, husked and silk removed
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 4oz can of chopped green chiles, or 1/2 cup of fresh roasted, peeled chiles
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it
Melt the butter in a large, heavy skillet and add the onion and garlic; cook until the onion is translucent.
Using a sharp knife, cut the corn from the cobs; scrape the cobs to remove the "corn milk".
Add the corn and corn milk to the skillet.
Sprinkle with the curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir in the cream.
Partially cover the skillet and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes over low heat.
Stir in the chiles. Cook about 3 minutes longer and serve.