Pork Loin Steaks with Pomegranate Gravy
Notes: Do not confuse pork loin with pork tenderloin. Pork loins are 4 to 6 inches in diameter. It is the center meaty part of pork loin chops. I usually purchase the whole boneless loin at a warehouse store and cut them myself to wrap and freeze. You will also find cut portions sold as pork loin roast. These may be easily sliced into thick steaks. Some are not so tender. I usually cut the steaks, place between plastic wrap, and pound with a rubber mallet to tenderize before using or individually wrapping the steaks for freezing. A whole pork loin will run between $14 to $18 on the average and will yield 15 to 18 thick steaks, so it is quite economical.
- 4 pork loin steaks, each about 1-inch thick (see Notes)
- 1 Tablespoon (about) Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Garlic powder
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon spicy hot honey mustard
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Rub pork loin steaks with Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle each side with salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Let rest to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add olive oil and butter, swirling to coat the bottom of the pan. Add pork loin steaks and sear until nicely browned, turning only once. (They will continue to cook more later, so do not overcook.) Remove to a platter and set aside.
Carefully add the pomegranate juice to the hot pan. Let boil, scraping up any browned bits, until reduced by half. Add chicken broth and whisk in hot honey mustard. Let reduce again until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and reduce heat to medium. Return pork steaks to the pan, along with any drippings, turning to coat both sides of each steak. Continue cooking to desired doneness, but do not overcook. A faint pink center is desirable. Serve pork steaks with the pomegranate gravy.
You'll also love
- Kefir Banana Bread Recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hamburger Corn Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut eggnog pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Filet Mignon with Pomegranate-Wine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Loin Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet & Hot Pepper Glazed Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pomegranate Butter Cream Frosting 0/5 (0 Votes)