Busy Day Chicken Rice Casserole
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl combine the mushroom soup, celery soup, water, rice, mushrooms, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix all together. Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and spread on bottom.
3. Lay chicken pieces over soup mixture and sprinkle dry onion soup mix over all. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.