Strawberries and Champagne Cheesecake
The winning combination of flavors in this Strawberries and Champagne Cheesecake tastes great! Easily prepared but has to made a day in advance as it must chill overnight before serving but well worth the wait.
- 1 cup Champagne or other sparkling wine
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 14 whole crackers)
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks
- 20 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening, divided
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 100mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Place Champagne in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 1/2 inch up the sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan; set aside. Arrange sliced strawberries over the bottom.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in the sweetened condensed milk, cornstarch and reduced Champagne. Add eggs and egg yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over strawberries. Place pan on a baking sheet.
Bake at 325°F for 55 to 60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
Remove sides of springform pan. For topping, wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. Slice and arrange over cheesecake. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over strawberries. Repeat melting and drizzling with white baking chips and remaining shortening.
In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Serve cheesecake with whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin-Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Buttermilk Carrot Cake 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Instant Pot Classic Cheese Cake 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
Review this recipe