Sauce: Mojo Marinade
Inspired by the flavors of Cuba, this tart, citrusy blend for pork or fish is based on sour Seville oranges, garlic, and oregano.
This is enough to marinate 2 pounds of pork (tenderloin, shoulder, or bone-in chops) or fish (firm, white-fleshed fish such as sea bass; shrimp or scallops)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup corn or vegetable oil
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jalapenños, sliced into rounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until salt is dissolved.
Reserve 2/3 cup marinade for sauce. Put pork or seafood in a glass, stainless-steel, or ceramic dish. Toss with remaining marinade. Cover; chill for 3–8 hours.
Remove pork or seafood from marinade, pat dry, and grill.
Spoon reserved sauce over meat or fish just before serving.