Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms with Smoked Paprika Aioli
- PAPRIKA Aoili:
- 6 tablespoons (90 mL) low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (5 ml) smoked paprika
- STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- 18 large stuffer mushrooms, white or crimini
- 1/2 pound (250 g) lean ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) seeded and finely minced red chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) finely chopped fresh parsley
Whisk aioli ingredients together until smooth; refrigerate until needed. Aioli is best made one day ahead to allow flavours to fully blend.
For the mushrooms, preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Carefully remove mushroom stems and discard. Gently clean mushroom heads using a soft brush or damp cloth.
n a bowl, mix together chicken, salt, garlic, chili pepper, rosemary, and parsley. Use a teaspoon to fill the mushroom caps with the chicken mixture. Arrange mushrooms on a disposable foil pan. Bake in the oven (or on the top shelf of the barbecue over medium heat) for 30 minutes, basting halfway through cooking with the liquid released from the mushrooms. Serve warm with aioli.