Martha Stewart's Open-Faced Lobster "Rolls" with Avocado Spread
The lighter take on the lobster roll exchanges the mayo for a lemon-avocado puree and the usual buttered roll for a slice of grilled bread.
- 2 whole lobsters
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 scallions
- Coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices rustic Italian bread
- 2 cups watercress
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Greshly grated lemon zest for garnish
Crack lobster claws, knuckles and tails and remove meat. Chop meat into chunks.
Toast fennel seeds in a skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Then grind. Transfer to a food processor, pulse with avocado, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons scallions, 1/2 teaspoons salt and some pepper until smooth.
Spread avocado mixture onto bread, top with watercress and arrange lobster. Sprinkle with remaining scallions, drizzle with remaining lemon juice and top with lemon zest.
You'll also love
- Healthified Hot German Potato Salad 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Macarons with white chocolate and... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Shrimp Cocktail with Low Sugar... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Key Lime Cheesecake Dessert 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Crockpot Seafood Cheese Dip 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Rum Fruitcake Cookies 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Mastro's Butter Cake 3.9/5 (79 Votes)