Christmas Tree-Shaped Appetizer
- 2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dill Weed
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 cups finely chopped assorted vegetables (green, red, and yellow bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, and green onions)
Adapted from momsinablog.com
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove dough from cans in rolled sections; do not unroll. Cut each section into 8 slices (16 slices from each can).
2. Place slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheets to form trees.
To form each tree, start by placing 1 slice for top; arrange 2 slices just below, with sides touching. Continue arranging row of 3 slices, then row of 4 slices, ending with row of 5 slices. Use remaining slice for trunk. Refrigerate one tree while the other bakes.
3. Bake one tree 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute; carefully loosen with pancake turner and slide onto cooling rack to cool. Bake and cool second tree.
4. Place each tree on serving platter. In small bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic powder; blend until smooth. Spread mixture over both trees. Decorate trees with assorted vegetable pieces. Refrigerate until serving time. To serve, pull apart slices of tree.
Make tree garland using thin strips or slices of red bell pepper. Cut star for top of tree from yellow bell pepper.