Salsa Chicken Burrito Filling
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 0.25 cup salsa
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- hot sauce to taste
1. Place chicken breasts and tomato sauce in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, then add the salsa, seasoning, cumin, garlic and chili powder. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
2. With a fork, start pulling the chicken meat apart into thin strings. Keep cooking pulled chicken meat and sauce, covered, for another 5 to 10 minutes. Add hot sauce to taste and stir together.