Italian Mozzarella Wings
Conpliments of Rachael Ray
- 12 Chicken wings, tips discarded and wings separated at the joint
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 24 cubes
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcumbsd
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups tomatoe puree
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees. Cut a slit into the meatiest part of each wing. Stuff each wing with a mozzarella cube and pull the meat and skin back over the cheese.
2. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg; in another shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan and season with salt. Working the 1 wing at a time, coat each with the egg, then the breadcrumb mixture, and place on a greased rack set on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 40 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the tomato puree and cayenne over medium heat; season with salt. Serve with the wings.