- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds beef boneless top sirloin steak, cut into 2x 3/4x 1/4-inch pieces
- 6 cups Progresso® beef flavored broth (from two 32-oz cartons)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry or Progresso® beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
1 In 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are softened. 2 Stir in beef. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is no longer pink. Stir in remaining ingredients except noodles and sour cream. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in noodles. Cover; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender. 3 Stir in sour cream. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until well blended.
A slick way to slice beef is to place the beef in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until very firm. Using a sharp knife makes it easier to thinly slice the beef.
Just before serving this creamy soup, stir in a little chopped fresh parsley.
1 Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 1/2g), Cholesterol 100mg; Sodium 1150mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g), Protein 29g