Spaghetti with Sweet Potatoes and Ricotta
- 12 ounces spaghetti (3/4 box)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- 1/3 cup ricotta
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 50mins
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the potatoes, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
4. Add the shallots and rosemary. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Toss the pasta with the potato mixture, Parmesan, and reserved cooking water. Dollop with the ricotta before serving.