Lentil Rice Salad
- 1 3/4 C Swanson Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness ro Certified Organice)
- 1/2 C uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1/3 C dried lentils
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Generous dash ground red pepper
- 1 stalk celery, sliced (about 1/2 C)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 C diced green or red pepper
- 1/2 C fat-free Italian vinaigrette
- Lettuce leaves
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Heat the broth to a boil in a 2-qt saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the rice and lentils. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until done. Let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Toss the lentil mixture, parsley, ground red pepper, celery, onion, green or red pepper and vinaigrette in large bowl until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Lerve on the lettuce.