Italian Mushroom Casserole
- 3 pounds mushrooms
- 4 T butter
- 1/2 t basil
- 1/2 t thyme
- 1/2 t oregano
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/2 t rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 2 qt good pasta sauce
1. wash mushrooms carefully.
2. melt butter in large skillet and add herbs.
3. saute whole mushrooms for 10 minutes until tender.
4. stir occasionally so herbs are evenly distributed over mushrooms, and add salt and pepper to taste.
5. butter medium sized baking dish and arrange mushrooms in it in an even layer.
6. over the mushrooms sprinkle the parmesan cheese.
7. pour the pasta sauce over the cheese.
8. cover and bake in 350 oven for 15 minutes till heated.