Spinach ad ricotta stuffed tomatoes
- 8 ripe tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Finley chopped yellow onion
- 10 oz frozen spinach, dry
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup parmigiano
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1. Cut off tomato tops. Scrape out seeds and partitions. Salt the cavities and turn upside down in paper towel for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil. Add onions and cover 25 minutes.
3. Add spinach. Season with salt and pepper and nutmeg. Cover over low heat, 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350.
5. Beat ricotta and egg yolks. Add spinach mixture, pine nuts, 1/4 cup parm and parsley.
6. Gently blot the tomatoes and fill with mixture. Top each with additional cheese.
7. Bake 20-30 minutes. Serve immediately.