Venison Jesse James Jerky
This Jesse James styled Venison Jerky is perfect as written but for a sweeter jerky, baste with molasses or honey and water prior to drying. This is an awesome recipe - enjoy!
- 2 pounds beef or venison
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup corn whiskey
- 1 cup water
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 380mins
Cut meat into 1/8 strips. No fat should be present on the meat.
Marinade the meat in a zip-loc bag in the fridge overnight.
For sweeter jerky baste with molasses or honey and water prior to drying.
Dry beef using your preferred technique. I use my Weber bullet smoker. I hang the beef from the rack using toothpicks. No water is added to the smokers bowl but the bowl is in place to deflect the heat. Smoke at 170°F for around 6 to 8 hours until firm but not overdone. This is an awesome recipe - enjoy!
You'll also love
- Pasta Palomino 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage and Dumplings 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Walla Walla Onion Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Polish Sausage Potato Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon Infused Tequila 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ham, Brie, Marmalade & Arugula... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Veal Chops with Fontina 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)