Moroccan Lamb with Roasted Creamy Eggplant
- Creamy Eggplant:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 6 pounds lamb shoulder, boneless or shank, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Spanish onion, diced
- 8 each garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 cups tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 quart Knorr Ultimate Chicken Base, prepared
- garnish Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 6 pounds eggplant
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 3 cups Knorr Ultimate Cream Sauce & Soup Base, prepared
- 8 ounces kasseri or sharp cheddar cheese, grated
In a large pan, melt butter, add oil and heat together. Brown lamb for about 5-7 minutes. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 1 more minute.
To the lamb mixture add the tomato paste, tomatoes, thyme, oregano and the prepared Ultimate Base. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for about 1 hour or until the lamb is tender and most of the liquid has been absorb.
Heat grill, pierce eggplant all over and place atop hot grill. Grill for about 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
Prepare a bowl with 6 cups of water, 6 tablespoons salt and 1/3 cup of lemon juice. Set aside until ready to use.
When the eggplants are cool enough to handle, peel them and place the pulp in the prepared lemon water. Let stand for 10 minutes to prevent discoloration.
Transfer the pulp into a strainer and drain the excess liquid by pressing the pulp gently with the back of a large wooden spoon.
In a saucepan prepare Cream Sauce according to package directions. Add the eggplant pulp and the cheese, whisking constantly. Cook for 4 minutes.
TO SERVE: Spoon the creamy eggplant in the center of serving dish and arrange the lamb around. Top with some of the sauce from the lamb and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
You'll also love
- Coconut Ambrosia Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fresh Pasta Dough 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Long Grain Rice with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Mornay 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites 0/5 (0 Votes)
- lamb asparagus stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb shanks southwestern 0/5 (0 Votes)