Hemp Protein Granola Bars
Best tasting healthy granola bars I've ever eaten. The texture is packed with different nuts, seeds, and fruits and the bananas and dates and maple syrup provide the perfect level of sweetness.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped (or any other nut)
- 1 cup dates, chopped (or any other dried fruit)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup hemp protein powder
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. seeds of your choice (I prefer hemp or ground flax)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 6 Tbsp. water
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from mynewroots.blogspot.com
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a small bowl, mix the chia seeds and water together. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients.
4. In a food processor or blender, mix bananas, oil, vanilla, and maple syrup (you can also just mash everything together with a fork). Add chia gel and pulse to mix. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
5. Spread the batter evenly into a baking pan (mine was 9" x 11"), and smooth out the top with the back of a spatula. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Let cool completely, store in airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for longer shelf life. You can also freeze these – take one out half an hour before you want a perfect snack!