Peppermint Bark Red Velvet Cupcake with Hot Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
These are obviously good. I mean red velvet. Good. Hot chocolate in whipped cream form. Good. Peppermint bark. Good. All together. Extra good.
(You will find thing's you do not find here, there) Follow or friend me on Facebook for even more recipe's,etc: https://www.facebook.com/carilynn71 ♥Delish Dish♥ at Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/Creates/ ♥Delish Dish♥ at Tumblr http://delishdishs.tumblr.com/
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Rodelle)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract (I used Rodelle)
- 1 cup peppermint bark, chopped into small pieces (think chocolate chip size)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup peppermint hot chocolate (I used Stephen’s)
- 1 cup peppermint bark, chopped into small pieces (for garnish)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from FooDiamond.com
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F.
Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
In a bowl of an electric mixer set on medium speed, lightly beat the eggs. Add the buttermilk, vinegar, oil, food coloring and vanilla, beating until well-combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing until combined. Fold in the peppermint bark pieces.
Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted near the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Remove the muffin pan from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Turn the cupcakes out of the tin, and place them on the wire rack to cool completely. Frost when cool.
Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and the cocoa. Continue to whip until thick and frosting consistency. Frost cupcakes and garnish with extra peppermint bark.
You'll also love
- Amish Potato Salad 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Pizza Bake 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken, Pork, & Crab Soup... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Cheese Fondue 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Smoked Brisket 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chewy Lemon Blueberry Cookies 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Holiday Deep Fried Ham 3.8/5 (63 Votes)
- Pistachio Wedding Cookies 4.2/5 (30 Votes)