Penne with Basil Lemon Pesto
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Lettuce and tomato salad
Place pine nuts in a small non-stick pan and toast until golden.
Meanwhile, prepare penne according to package directions. Drain, cover and keep warm.
In a blender combine the garlic, pine nuts, basil, parsley, cheese, lemon zest and juice. Pulse until ground to a fine paste, about 1 minute. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and broth until the desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix pesto with penne and serve hot.
Serve with a side salad.