White Bean Salad with Lemon and Cumin
- 2 cups (14 ounces) dried Great Northern beans
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 8 large lettuce leaves
Place beans in large bowl. Add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Let beans soak overnight.
Drain beans. Place in heavy large saucepan. Add bay leaves and enough cold water to cover by 2 inches; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 30 minutes. Add salt and continue to simmer until beans are tender but still hold shape, about 15 minutes longer.
Drain beans and place in large bowl; discard bay leaves. Add onion and parsley. Whisk oil, lemon juice, cumin, and cayenne in medium bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Pour over bean salad; toss gently to combine. Do ahead Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Scalloped Corn in Microwave 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mango Barfi with fresh mango... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Craisin Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean Salad w/Avocado,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Angel Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Citrus Beurre Blanc 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Cobia or Lemon Fish with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jerk Shrimp with Sweet Potato and... 0/5 (0 Votes)