Malted Ice Cream Pie with a waffle cone crust
- 1.5 - 2 Cups finely crushed or ground waffle or sugar cones (about 12 cones) Waffle cones will yield 2 cups, sugar 1.5 cups.
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Container or 1.5 qts Vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/4 Cup Ovaltine Classic Malt Mix, divided
- 2 Tbsp lowfat milk
- 1 container (8 oz) fronzen light whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Chopped malt balls (optional)
Combine crushed cones, honey and butter in a large bowl; stir until evenly coated. Pour into 9 inch deep-dish pie plate. Press mixture onto bottom and upside of plate. Freeze for 30 minutes.
Remove ice cream from freezer to soften for several minutes. Place ice cream and 1 cup Ovaltine in large mixer bowl; beat until combined. Spoon into prepared crust. Place in freezer while making topping. For topping, combine milk and remaining 1/4 cup Ovaltine in large bowl; stir in whipped topping. Spoon over pie. Freeze for 5 hours or until firm.
Sprinkle with chopped malt balls. Cut into 12 wedges.