Shrimp with Scallions and Crispy Potatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil, for shrimp
- 2 (1/2 pound each) baking potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
- 1 pound(s) frozen large shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add potatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp, 12 to 14 minutes. Add scallion whites, and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate (reserve skillet).
2. Add remaining teaspoon oil, shrimp, and curry powder to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Return potatoes and scallion whites to skillet, and toss with shrimp; season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with scallion greens.