Lemon Chicken with Broccoli
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp table salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 12 oz Chicken, breast, raw, without skin & bone, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cup(s) broccoli, small florets
- 2 tsp lemon zest, or more to taste
- 2 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
On a plate, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate.
Put 1 cup of broth and garlic in same skillet; bring to a boil over high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add broccoli; cover and cook 1 minute.
In a small cup, stir together remaining 1/2 cup of broth, 1/2 tablespoon of flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; add to skillet and bring to a simmer over low heat.
Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in chicken and lemon zest; heat through.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Shortcake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Florida Fish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms with Escargot 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana-Giner Smoothie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lobster and Corn Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potatoes South Carolina Style 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salad Dressing - Balsamic & Lime... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- lime fluff salad 0/5 (0 Votes)