Spaghetti with Bacon
- 1 (16 oz.) package of spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 slices bacon, cut onto 1/4 in. pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Fill a large pot with slightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over hight heat. Once the weather is boiling, stir in the spaghetti, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pair has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 min. Drain well in colander set in the sink.
2. Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the bacon, and cook until the bacon has begun to shrink, about 3 min. Add the garlic, and continue cooking and stirring until the garlic has softened, and the bacon is crisp, about 5 min. Toss the drained pasta with the bacon, oil, and parsley to serve.