Spinach and Feta Orzo Salad
- 1 lb. fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- zest of 2 lemons
- lemon juice, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of orzo
- 24 basil leaves, torn
- 1 - 2 tbsn. olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pile the spinach leave on top of each other and julienne them into thin strips.
Prepare the basil leaves the same way.
2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, lemon zest and chopped tomatoes.
3. Cook the orzo according to the directions on the box. Once the pasta is drained, pour the hot pasta into the bowl with the spinach to allow it to wilt and the tomatoes to warm.
4. Drizzle the olive oil on top and add the basil, salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste. Toss and eat immediately or refrigerate and eat later (it can be eaten warm or cold).
You'll also love
- Catfish Amandine 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bermuda Fish Chowder 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chilled Summer Cucumber Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Greek-Style Shrimp With Tomatoes... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Independence Day Pasta Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- pasta sauce raphael 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Italian Chicken and Escarole Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Pasta with Spinach and... 5/5 (1 Votes)