Simple Roast Beef with Horseradish Cream
The key is salt-curing the meat for a few days. The roast beef can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Serve warm or chilled. The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- One 7- to 8-pound top round beef roast, tied with the full fat cap on the roast
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
Adapted from yahoo.com
1. Set a rack over a baking sheet. Rub 1/2 cup of the salt all over the roast and let stand for 10 minutes. Repeat with another 1/2 cup of the salt. Transfer the roast to the rack and refrigerate uncovered for 2 days. Bring to room temperature 3 hours before roasting.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°. Season the meat with pepper and roast for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 225° and roast for about 1 hour and 30 minutes longer, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the roast registers 120°. Let the meat rest for 30 minutes.
3. In a bowl, mix the sour cream with the horseradish and the remaining 1 tablespoon of salt and pepper. Slice the roast and serve with the horseradish cream.
You'll also love
- APPLE CIDER PINEAPPLE CURED HAM 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Shrimp and Avocado Pasta 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Classic Green Bean Casserole 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Tomato Basil Jam 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Orange and Shallot Stuffed Turkey... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Cilantro-BBQ Grilled Pork Chops 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Crunchy Beef Bake Recipe 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Beef and Barley Soup 4.8/5 (9 Votes)