Tricky Turnover Treats
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese (or substitute your favorite)
- 1 cup thick salsa (more or less, hot or mild, your choice)
- 2 (8-oz.) cans large buttermilk biscuit dough (from the dairy aisle)
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
1. Brown ground beef and cook onion until clear. Add mustard and cheese and cook over medium heat, constantly stirring, until cheese melts. Add salsa. Cook until mixture is thick but not dry.
2. Roll out each biscuit to a 4 or 5-inch circle. Spoon the beef mixture into the center of half the biscuits. Leave a small bare spot around the edges to you'll be able to "seal" them.
3. Here's the tricky part (not very). With the other half of the biscuits, cut geometrical shapes, jack-o-lantern style, for eyes/nose/mouth, and place over the other biscuits with beef. Seal edges with a fork. (If you feel "crafty" you can make pumpkin stems with the leftover dough.)
4. Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Brush turnovers with egg. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until biscuits are baked and golden brown.