Flaky Sriracha Salmon over Parsnip Carrot Mash
Cod - not my fave, so I scoured the sea for a more flavorful fish. Luckily, the ocean has so much to offer.
- 2 parsnips, peeled (130 grams)
- 2 large carrots, peeled (240 grams)
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat, melted (or butter, ghee, coconut oil, etc.)
- 2/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Paleo Chef Sriracha (add more for more spice)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 pound cod, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- chopped green onions, to garnish
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from paleomg.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Peel parsnips and carrots. With the parsnips, cut around the core, they are bit tough. Cut carrots and parsnips into pieces, no rhyme or reason. Toss in bacon fat to coat. Sprinkle with salt and place in oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are soft.
While vegetables cook, in a tall container, avocado oil, egg, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and a bit of salt and pepper. Place an immersion blender to the bottom of the container, turn on and wait until the mixture thickens. You may need to raise the immersion blender a bit to help mix all of the oil.
Once mayo has thickened, fold in sriracha, red pepper flakes, and chili powder. Fold in ¼ cup of sliced almonds, leaving behind some to top of the fish later on.
Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Place salmon on the baking sheet. Spread on the sriracha mayo onto each piece of cod. Sprinkle with the rest of the sliced almonds.
Remove vegetables from oven, place fish in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until fish is flaky.
Place carrots and parsnips in food processor or blender and puree, scraping down the sides as needed. Add vegetable broth along with some salt and pepper. Puree until as smooth as possible.
Place flaky fish over parsnip carrot puree. Top with green onions and call this meal done!
You'll also love
- Buffalo Chicken Wings and Sauce 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Cranberry Meatballs 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- BEEFMAN MANHATTAN CLAM CHOWDER 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple crisp 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage... 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Mac & Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Creole Shrimp Crackers 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Good Morning Sunshine Muffins... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)