Detoxifying Mint Tea
- Dry mixture:
- 4teaspoons4 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 4teaspoons4 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 1/2teaspoons1 1/2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- Fresh ingredients:
- 33 ginger slices, 1/4-inch thick
- 1616 fresh mint leaves
- 3thin slices3 thin slices of lemon
Adapted from 101cookbooks.com
1. Combine the coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cumin, and black peppercorns in a jar, stir well, and set aside.
2. Bring two cups of water to a simmer. While the water is heating, pound the ginger with the mint to break it up a bit. I use a mortar and pestle, but you can use a wooden spoon or cocktail muddler. When the water is hot, stir in 1 tablespoon of the dry mixture and the ginger-mint mixture. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, remove from heat, cover, and allow to steep for another 3 minutes or so. Place the lemon slices in a strainer, and strain the tea through the lemon into a pot or container.