Cider Glazed Figs and Pears
- 1 andjou pear, sliced
- 12 figs
- 1/2 cup cider (or cloudy apple juice)
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- a handful of your favorite nuts, roughly chopped
Combine the cider with the spices in a sauce pan. Stir and bring to a low boil, then add the butter and maple syrup. Place in measuring cup. There should be between 1/2 cup and 1/3 cup of liquid.
Arrange the figs in a row, side by side, surround them with the pear slices (fan them out around the figs so that they slightly overlap).
Cover the fruit in half of the cider mixture. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, cover with remaining cider and cover completely with foil. Bake for another 12 minutes. Remove from oven and uncover. Allow to come to room temperature uncovered, then place in fridge and serve cold.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Roll 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- scalloped potatoes and ham 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Salad: Strawberry and Mango Green... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Apple Sandwich 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- French Toast with Pear Cranberry... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Endive Spears with Spicy Goat... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crispy Smoked Mozzarella with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)