Apricot-Blue Cheese Angels
Apricots, nuts, honey, and blue cheese in puff pastry and baked in angelic shapes make these holiday treats are an absolute delight to make and to eat.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (7-ounce) package dried apricots, chopped, about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine 1 cup boiling water and apricots in a medium bowl, and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons soaking liquid. Place apricots, reserved 2 tablespoons soaking liquid, walnuts, honey, juice, and cinnamon in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Add cheese to processor; pulse 3 times or until blended.
Place 1 sheet pastry dough on a work surface lightly dusted with flour. Gently roll into a 12 1/2-inch square. Cut dough into 25 (2 1/2-inch) squares. Top each dough piece with about 1 teaspoon apricot mixture.
Working with one dough piece at a time, bring corners up to the center and pinch closed.
Place the angels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and apricot mixture, placing formed angels on a second baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush angels evenly with egg. Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until golden.
You'll also love
- Frosted Pineapple Lemon Gelatin 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Tangerine-Glazed Turkey Recipe 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Broccoli muffins 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Apple Pear Pie in a Cast Iron... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Apple Toffee Dip 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Peanut Brittle 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Crêpes with Sweet Yogurt and... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Pork Loin Roast Glazed with... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)