Cheddar & Bacon Loaf
Cheddar & Bacon Loaf is a great quick snack to make with what you already have on hand in your kitchen, or an appetizer or side dish.
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf baguette-style French bread
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium green onions, sliced, about 1/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Use a serrated knife to cut bread crosswise into 1-inch slices, cutting to but not through the bottom crust.
In a small bowl, stir together cheese, butter, bacon, green onions, mustard, and lemon juice. Spread mixture between slices of bread. Wrap loaf in foil.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bread is heated through and cheese is melted.